Monday 12 September 2022

 Hello and welcome to my MAPP blog.

My Name is Ann, and I am a freelance dancer and teacher. I trained at English National Ballet School and worked professionally with Ballet Cymru.  I am passionate about bringing dance to the rural communities which do not have easy access to it. I work mostly in the genre of ballet and currently working a lot as a principal dancer with English Youth Ballet and The Ballet Pod in North Wales. I am interested in authentic performance and striving to inspire the next generation of dancers to be the healthiest and strongest dancers they can be.

Following time off last year recovering from Long Covid I have returned to this profession with new outlooks and have been encouraged to see the healing sides of dance as well as notice most profoundly the aspects of this profession which can still be greatly improved. 

I hope you will join me on this explorative journey.



2 comments:

  1. Great image!! lovely having you with us this term, looking forward to the thoughts and thinking that unfolds

    ReplyDelete

The Essay

 As I reflect on the enlightening session last week with Peter Thomas in which Peter was exploring what defines an essay, I am inspired to s...