Monday 12 June 2023

Window of opportunity

 As I look at my life ahead. 

I remind myself that it is only in this present moment that I can truly exist

The future is unknown to all of us

If I look only for external circumstances to make me feel enough I will waste this life

No experience is going to bring long lasting fulfilment

It is the appreciation of each moment life offers me that that will enrich my existence and bring me true satisfaction

Take this image below, I could look out of that window and wish I was outside by the stream, or I could appreciate the window that I am seeing that beautiful stream through. 

It is easy to lose sight of what is in the foreground of an image such as this and to realise that is part of what makes this image meaningful.

I make a commitment to consciously notice all that is in the foreground and background of my life and not to take it for granted.  

I feel that for the first time in my life I am ready to sit with the stillness and to enter the next stage on the journey to coming home to myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Essay

 As I reflect on the enlightening session last week with Peter Thomas in which Peter was exploring what defines an essay, I am inspired to s...